Top Cool Summer Destinations in India
Summer is right here, which means scorching heat is going to take its toll on our day-to-day life. Undoubtedly, it is the best time to take a break from our daily monotonous schedule and chill out in sizzling yet cool places. As you know, India is blessed with a wide array of such numerous locations that can definitely help you refresh your senses and rejuvenate you with sparkling energy.
Here’s the widest choice of cool, exotic and sun soaked summer destinations in India that you can choose from to spend your vacation,
1. Kashmir – Located in between Pir Panjal and Himalayan ranges, Kashmir is like a fairyland that calls you towards itself and leaves a long-lasting magic. Within the arms of misty Himalayas, Kashmir looks amazing with snow-capped mountains. The must visit places in Kashmir are Gulmarg, Pehalgam, Sonmarg, Srinagar and Patnitop. One can also enjoy activities like tubing, rafting, skiing, etc. Read More
2. Ladakh One of the summer destinations in India – Ladakh is a mystical land of Gompas, rugged terrains, a number of high passes and bleak rocks. It is located at an altitude of 3,513 metres above the sea level in Jammu and Kashmir. The major tourist attractions in Ladakh are Nubra Valley, Zanskar River, Pangong Lake, Drass War Memorial, Changla Pass, etc. One can enjoy adventures sports like kayakeing, canoeing, biking, etc. The best season to visit here is summer. Read More
3. Nainital – Hemmed in the state of Uttaranchal in North India, the appealing city of Nainital is the best place for the tourists where they can experience pleasant weather amongst serene surroundings. The best tourist attractions in Nainital are Naini Lake, Snow View Trek, Naina Devi Temple, Saptaal Lake, etc. Visitors can also enjoy outdoor activities like horse riding and trekking. Read More… .
4. Mahabaleshwar – One of the best and quaint places to visit in the Western part of India i.e. Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar is a holiday lifeline for people living in Mumbai and across India. It is a home to five rivers that adds more magic to its beauty. Major tourist attractions in Mahabaleshwar are Venna Lake, Lingmala, Chinaman and Dhobi waterfalls, Bombay Point, Wilson Point, etc. Read More…
5. Shimla – Tucked in the state of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is known as the “Queen of Hills” for its mesmerizing snow-capped mountains and luscious flora & fauna. It is located at a distance of 2,100 metres above sea level and marks a great amount of tourists every year. The not-to-be missed tourist attractions in Shimla are Annandale, The Mall Road, Summer Hill, Kufri, Christ Church, etc. Read More…
6. Mussorie One of the summer destinations in India – Mussorie has got its name from a famous shrub called “Mansoor”. The tourists will be mesmerized by the beauty of snow-capped Himalayas and crystal clear waterfalls here. The popular tourist places located in Mussorie are Nag Devi Temple, Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba, etc. One can also enjoy adventure sports like trekking, paragliding, etc. Read More…
7. Gangtok, One of the summer destinations in India – Located at an altitude of 5,800 feet above the seal level, Gangtok is a mystical tourist destination of north-eastern state of Sikkim. Gangtok offers enthralling views of the Himalayas and completely surrounded by the world’s third largest peak i.e. Kanchenjunga. The main places to visit are Deer Park, Khechepalri Lake, Labrang Monastery, Fambong La Wildlife Sanctuary, etc. Read More…
8. Darjeeling One of the summer destinations in India – Darjeeling is an awe-inspiring hill station located in North Bengal and blessed with abundant natural beauty to win hearts of every visitor. This hill station is also famous for its soothing and cool temperature throughout the year. The beautiful and refreshing Tea Gardens, Rock Garden, Himalayan Toy Train, and Batasia Loop, are some of the main attractions that should not be missed. Read More..
9. Ooty and Kodaikanal – Ooty and Kodaikanal are famous hill stations located in the southern part of India. People compare these two destinations due to their amiable weather and green locales. If you want to experience seclusion and an abundance of nature, then these destinations are meant for you. Some of the famous places to explore are Ooty Lake, Doddabetta Peak, Pillar Rocks, Silver Cascade Falls, etc. Read More….
10. Coorg – Coorg is one of the most picturesque destinations of Karnataka known for its excellent people and traditions. It’s famous for lush forests, majestic hills and breathtaking views of tea and coffee plantation. Some of the best tourist attractions are Nisargadhama Forest, Abbey Falls, Madikeri Fort, Nagarhole Wild Life Sanctuary, etc. Read More
11. Mount Abu – Mount Abu is a small hill retreat found in the desert land of Rajasthan. It is also known as the “green oasis” and located in the southern tip of the Aravalli Hills. The climate of Mount Abu is always pleasant and cool. The not-to-be-missed places are Nakki Lake, Dilwara Jain Temple, Achalgarh Fort, etc. Read More…
12. Munnar – Located in the “God’s own country” Kerala, Munnar is a famous tourist destination in South India. It is one the best destinations in South India that offers breathtaking views, lush hills, and enchanting greenery. Some of the best tourist attractions in Munnar are Attukal, Sitadevi Lake, Nayayamakad, Eravikulam National Park, etc. Read More
13. Shillong – Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya is a true traveller’s paradise with pleasant weather all around the year that adds more charm to the destination. The tourists are known to call it as the “Scotland of the East”. Some of the good-looking tourist destinations are Ward’s Lake, Shillong Peak, Hydari Park, Polo Ground, etc. Read More
14. Pachmarhi – Pachmarhi is one of the renowned honeymoon spots of India, located in the state of Madhya Pradesh in India. The land of Pachmarhi is occupied with lush-green meadows, sizzling streams, and beautiful waterfalls that make this place more amazing. The popular tourist attractions to explore are Duchess Fall, Bee Falls, Bison Lodge, Pandav Caves, and Padmini Lake. Read More
15. Kalimpong One of the summer destinations in India – Located at an altitude of 1250 meters, Kalimpong is a pristine hill station situated in Darjeeling in the state of West Bengal. The picturesque beauty of nature and calm ambiance of this hill station has made it popular worldwide. The best tourist attractions to explore are Flower Nurseries, Teesta Bazaar, Neora Valley National Park, Durpin Dara, etc. Read More
16. Khandala and Lonavala – Khandala and Lonavala are the some of the best hills stations located in Maharashtra at a distance of 90 km away from the city of Mumbai. The best tourist attractions that are worth a visit while on a vacation to these valleys are Karla Cave, Bhaja Caves, Kune Falls, Lohgad Fort, etc. Read More…
17. Tawang One of the summer destinations in India – One of the least populated cities of India, Tawang is situated at an altitude of 3,048 meters in the north-eastern part of India in Arunachal Pradesh. It is the best retreat from the jam-packed life and scorching heat. The best tourist attractions to visit are Sela Pass, Taktsang Gompa, Shonga-tser Lake, Nuranang Waterfalls, etc. Read More
18. Cherrapunji – Cherrapunji is located in Meghalaya and popularly known as a tourist destination that receives the highest amount of rain all across the year worldwide. Besides rain, Cherrapunjee has a lot to offer like beautiful parks, scenic landscapes, and misty waterfalls. The best tourist attractions are Mawsmai Cave, Nohkalikai Falls, Dain-Thlen Falls, and many more. Read More
19. Horsley Hills One of the summer destinations in India – Located at a distance of 144 kilometres from Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh, Horsley Hills is one of the famous hill station in Andhra Pradesh to help tourists feel refresh from scorching heat. It is popular for the dense growth of a variety of floral species. Some of the must-visit attractions are Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary, Mallamma Temple, Horsley hills museum and many more. Read more
20. Kullu Manali One of the summer destinations in India – Tucked in the foothills of misty Himalayas, Kullu Manali is situated in Himachal Pradesh and attracts a lot of tourists from all across the world. Kullu Manali is known for gorgeous snow-capped mountains, beautiful meadows, windy waterfalls, and lush-green landscapes. Some of the must-visit places are Hadimba Temple, Bijli Mahadev Temple, Jogni Falls, etc. Read More
Planning a vacation in India is no more a challenging task as you can easily choose among cool summer destinations in India from this list and enjoy a good time with your friends and family. So, just pack your bags and be ready to discover these cool summer destinations of India!