Pachmarhi–Travel through Unseen Jungles of Madhya Pradesh
Panchmarhi is the only hill station located in the state of Madhya Pradesh in central India. It is widely known as “Satpura ki Rani” for being situated in the Satpura mountain ranges. The hill station is popular amongst tourists for its lush-green meadows, streams and waterfalls that stroll in a rhythmic way through the jungles. Planning a holiday amid the natural beauty of Panchmarhi, away from the concrete jungle, is the best way to rejuvenate. There are many spectacular waterfalls, pillars, and caves that interest tourists during their Pachmarhi travel.
Pachmarhi – Best Places to Visit
Panchmarhi is a popular tourist retreat. Tourists visit Panchmarhi throughout the year as there are mystical streams and waterfall which serve as home to much wildlife. Here’s a list of best places to visit during journey to Panchmarhi:
- Jamuna Prapat – It is a mesmerizing waterfall that goes through a stream which offers drinking water to Pachmarhi. There is a wide range of bathing pools around the waterfall that are best to relax.
- Apsara Vihar – This ‘fairy pool’ is an ideal picnic spot for families with small children and elders, since the pool is shallow but deepening only towards the base of the fall.
- Priyadarshini – This majestic viewing point marks the destination from where Pachmarhi was discovered by Captain Forsyth in 1857. The Captain developed Pachmarhi as a place to relax and influence of the same is embodied in its churches and colonial architecture.
- Pandav caves – the visit is incomplete without Pandav caves which have mythological belief of Pandavs residing here during their exile period.
Other significant attractions are caves of Jata Shanker, Bada Mahadeo and Gupt Mahadeo.
Pachmarhi – Best Activities to Do
A list of things that should not be missed when you are in your Pachmarhi travel,
- Satpura Tiger Reserve – This reserve is one of the best places to see the endangered animals from all across the India. You can find 40-odd tigers, unknown number of leopards, sloth bears, deer, monkeys, and birds of all types here. Tourists can also book safaris for themselves.
- Ramykund Pool – You will find access to the crystal-clear Ramykund Pool through Pachmarhi’s main road and there are two beauty points known as Astachal and Reechgarh, in which you can take bath and enjoy.
- Shivratri Festival – A lot of tourists and around 100,000 pilgrims including sadhus and adhivasis attend celebrations at Mahadeo Temple located in the inner parts of Pachmarhi. The tourists need to hike up to Chauragarh Hills to sight the Shiva shrine.
Though tourists can visit the place all year round, yet October to June are the best months to experience pleasant atmosphere.
Numerous local tourists as well as outside visitors visit Pachmarhi, only hill station in Madhya Pradesh, because of natural beauty and historical significance.
chmarhi – How to Reach & Accommodation Options
There are a lot of ways through which you can reach Panchmarhi i.e. air, railways or via road. The most important airline that connects Panchmarhi to other cities is via Bhopal, Gwalior, Mumbai, Delhi, etc.
The railway station nearest to Pachmarhi is Pipariya at a distance of 47 kilometres. The city is well-linked with some of the major cities via road like Indore, Gwalior, Delhi, Pune, etc.
When it comes to Pachmarhi accommodation, there are a lot of star options for tourists as the city is well-connected and receives a lot of tourists every year. However, there are options for lodges and guesthouses with centrally air-conditioned system rooms to give you a comfortable stay.