Kalimpong – A Scenic Beauty of West Bengal
Yesteryears of Kalimpong:
Kalimpong is a hilltop located in the parts of West Bengal. Kalimpong is nearly at center from Sikkim and Darjeeling and is one of the beautiful and colorful destinations in the eastern Himalayan region. Well, the place is a multicultural society that comprises many of the tribes and different cultures and traditions of the city are still live today.
Sites of Interest:
If you are planning to travel Kalimpong then add these attractions in your list:
- Deolo Hill: Deolo hill is the hanging out place for one day picnic. The Deolo hill top is exquisitely dressed up with a man made park put together for the relaxation of the visitors which also line up the bizarre flowers. By noticing the mesmerizing beauty of the Himalayas covered by the snow may hold tourists to stay for long.
- Lepcha Museum: Tourists who are seeking for the Lepchas tradition and culture, museum is the right place for them that holds different gears of lepcha musical instruments, articles of devotion and other Lepcha practices.
- Morgan House: After Kalimpong has been titled as the hill resort, Morgan house is the first colonial ranch that was erected. Morgan house is the wonderful example of the Kalimpong past.
- Haat Bazaar – Market for Footwear, Tibetan jewellery, etc: For Market cravers, haatbaazar of Kalimpong is the perfect place to wander and explore on foot. This is the long established market where the people from rural areas hawk for vegetables, Tibetan jewellery, Chinese lamps and tea cups, pickles etc.
- Dr. Grahm’s Home-House with Stained glass windows: Teaching and training were passed on to the children of poor workers and labours. It is stretched around 500 acres and also owns the dairy and poultry.
- Hanuman Tok- Join Hands for Lord Hanuman and Goddess Durga: People who are Lord Hanuman devotees can come at this tok and worship the huge statue of Hanuman that is approx. 25 to 30 in height. At the same place a small temple of Lord Durga is also positioned
Have Fun Doing Adventurous Activities:
Kalimpong travel guide enlists the number of foolhardy activities that surely everyone should add in the must to do list.
- Paragliding – Fly in the Himalayas: It is an amazing experience to take a flight in the Himalayas while burring down all the worries. Enjoy doing paragliding for 15 to 30 minutes and add this lovely venture in your tips.
- River Rafting -Glide along the river: Enjoy the picturesque beauty of hills, diverse fishes, variety of flora and fauna while doing river rafting in the Rangeet and Teesta rivers.
- Trekking through Forest: Travelling kalimpong from the way heading to the forest might give you the best trekking experience. Kalimpong offers you to delve into the beauty of green pines topped with hills and tea garden.
- A round trip with Ropeway: Keep your eyes open and don’t miss to watch the beauty of villages, forests and plateau while you are on the ropeway, at some height from the ground.
How to reach Kalimpong – Choose your easy mode of transport either Air, Rail or Road
If you are choosing the mode of transport as Airway the Bagdogra airport is the nearest airfield from Kalimpong. It is just around 85 kms far away from the place. In almost 3 hours you can reach here via flight, and Bagdogra is linked with Guwahati, Kolkata and Delhi.
Via Road: Bus services are easily available from Siliguri(entry to northeastern regions). Siliguri is also well linked with Patna, Delhi and Guwahati. Other options are also available from Darjeeling and Gangtok.
Via Rail: From New Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong is approximately around 75 kms. Jalpaiguri is also linked with many of the large cities like Delhi and Kolkata.
There are several star hotels, resorts, lodges, apartments and rooms available with varied amenities at the affordable rates for your peaceful stay. You can find best hotel as per your requirement and budget here.