Celebrate the Christmas time in Goa
Christmas is the time to rejoice and celebrate Christ’s Birth on 25th December everywhere in the world. But Christmas time in Goa is an unforgettable and grandest of fest for which people flock over from all parts of India and the world. They throng the sun kissed golden beaches of Goa and make merriment. December is the holiest month for Catholics, the churches are decorated with lights, singing of choirs and carols reverberate with devoted fervor. Goa has the maximum Catholic population and Christmas there is the special occasion for all locals who come together from far off places to enjoy family reunions and family meals together. Goa visit for the tourists is a grand exotic experience with Sun, Sea, Spirit and Santa.
Goa -some facts on local traditional Xmas
- Goa has world heritage churches
- Range of alcoholic drinks , local Kaju Feni, Beverage Bars and Discos
- At least one Santa each village becomes source of joy for kids.
- Xmas cake is fruit cake made of dry fruits and Wine.
- Local sweets like Neureos –stuffed dry fruit and coconut, Dodol -coconut and cashew square and made like bird nest on decorative paper and Bebinca, these made at home delicacies are gifted to friends and relatives packed in a basket.
- On Xmas eve all relatives gather at family eldest’s home and celebrate to make their bonding stronger. They have turkey, Chicken, Pork Sorpotel and pulao, wine and cake desserts followed by midnight mass for the family.
Interesting Xmas Celebrations in Goa
- Full on celebrations in Goa with fun & frolic, Santa shows, music & Dances, Carnivals, Rave parties, Bars & Pubs, Music Concerts, name it, the fun is on the run.
- Partying after midnight and watching fireworks at beaches is something unavoidable on Christmas.
- Xmas party dinners on board cruises are the best party experience one can have along with music and dances, food and drinks that are in abundance. The sun will set here but fun never. Sunset cruises are organized from river Mandovi to Santa Monica, the visitors can watch folk dances and other local performances to have a feel of local culture. Night cruise, Sunset Cruise and Goa Backwater cruise showcases Goa’s beauty and culture. Visitors can see lush green plantation of cashew and mangroves along the river while on cruise.
- Gatherings and beach sports Bumping, Snorkeling, sand castling, swimming, Beach volleyball, Boat rides, Water sports at the spectacular tropical beaches like Calangute, Baga, Vagator etc.
- Also tourists enjoy sightseeing, club hopping in weekdays, market hopping and visits to historical churches such as Basilica of Jesus, The Se Cathedral, Lady of Rosary, The Rachol Seminary and Church of St Francis Assissi etc.
- For peace lovers, beach shacks are also available where one can enjoy peace, nice food, barbecue, bon fire etc and all at a bargain to enjoy the full fest.
- The restaurants in Goa offer awesome seafood and multi cuisines to satiate your taste buds.
- Christmas celebrations can be experienced in the resorts and hotels of Goa, which offer attractive Christmas packages for stay and enjoyment. So tourists looking for blast on Xmas should head to resorts and hotels of Goa for memorable experience.